Leading law firm Roythornes has announced that its Charity of The Year will be St Barnabas...
In a highly regulated area of law, you need to ensure that you are receiving the best commercial advice on your leasehold property matters. Our experienced team has considerable experience in advising both landlords and tenants in relation to all aspects of their commercial property requirements and across every sector and will provide practical solutions to the issues you face.
We work with a wide range of clients from investors with extensive property portfolios to private individuals and small businesses taking out their first lease to help them grow. Working for both landlords and tenants gives us a broad view that benefits our clients.
For landlords, we make sure that your transaction reflects your commercial requirements and is concluded within the agreed timeframes and advise on all aspects of landlord and tenant work, including:
- New leases and underleases
- Lease renewals
- Portfolio and asset management
- Granting consent to assignments and sublettings
- Granting consent to property alterations and refurbishments
- Rent reviews
- Advice on possession notices and recovery of your property
- Bringing tenancies to an end via a break clause or at the end of the lease term with Landlord and Tenant Act notices
Our work for tenants ensures that they are fully aware of the terms on which they are taking a property, their obligations under the lease and their options at various stages during their tenancy. Our advice includes:
- Taking a lease – ensuring you are aware of the terms on which you are dealing
- Granting an underlease
- Applying for consent to assign or underlet
- Applying for consent to alter or refurbish your property
- Rent reviews
- Break clauses – should you wish to terminate the lease early
- Ending a lease – making sure you know when and how you can end a lease