Leading law firm Roythornes has announced that its Charity of The Year will be St Barnabas...
We act for landowners and developers through the spectrum of energy projects including large-scale solar and anaerobic digestion projects to battery storage and offshore wind developments.
We have significant experience throughout the energy industry, acting for both landowners and developers through the spectrum of energy projects from small solar and anaerobic digestion projects to large offshore wind farms. We have dedicated teams who have the experience, knowledge and commercial awareness to ensure your project completes swiftly and efficiently. We are renowned for our pragmatic approach to projects no matter the size.
We have many years of experience advising agricultural and landowning clients and are very well placed to advise holistically on how any energy and waste projects being taken on by landowners might affect existing agricultural and landowning businesses. We can, for example, provide advice on the tax implications and potential impacts on existing environmental schemes of any energy and waste schemes. This ensures that when acting for developers we can foresee and overcome quickly potential practical issues that will need to be addressed to make a project a success.
How we can help you
- Corporate structures
- Joint Venture agreements
- Collaboration agreements
- Options and leases
- Breakdown and maintenance issues
- Collaborative schemes
- Solar, wind, and anaerobic digestion schemes
- Battery storage projects
- Planning advice from initial survey and community engagement to liaising with local authorities
- Construction contracts
- Feedstock contracts for AD plants
- Advice on biodiversity net gain implications of schemes
- Carbon mitigation agreements
- Funding and investment
- Grid connection issues
- Environmental and Health and Safety
- Planning and consent
Examples of our work
- Acting for a consortium of 6 landowners in relation to a nationally significant infrastructure project solar and battery-led energy generation scheme across c. 3,000 acres. This is a 600MW export and 300MW import connection/2,500 acres including complex tax structuring and equalisation across the landowners with several layers of turnover rental income.
- Acting for a solar energy developer, advising on the implications of the Environment Act 2021, and in particular on conservation covenants to secure long-term biodiversity gain on solar sites and likely mechanisms for the trading of excess biodiversity units.
- Acting for multiple landowners in relation to a nationally significant infrastructure project solar, battery and other technology energy generation scheme across c. 1,600 acres with a 500MW export capacity. The scheme involves complex phasing arrangements and addresses issues resulting from rail crossings, and protecting other future development in the vicinity.