Leading law firm Roythornes has announced that its Charity of The Year will be St Barnabas...
We advise housebuilders, registered providers and developers on full-service real estate matters throughout the property life cycle, including land purchase, longer-term strategic land development, transaction structuring, delivery and financing, planning, construction, housing and leasehold management and litigation.
Our teams have an in-depth, intuitive awareness of the needs of businesses whether they are acting as landowners, property owners, developers or tenants. Together with our acclaimed planning, environmental and dispute resolution teams, we are here to help your organisation succeed - whatever the challenge.
For over 30 years, our Real Estate team has advised small, large and PLC housebuilders. We have significant experience in supporting housebuilders on full-service real estate matters throughout the property life cycle, including land purchase, longer-term strategic land development, transaction structuring, delivery and financing, planning, construction, and litigation.
Our team consists of experienced and commercially minded experts who are accustomed to handling a wide spectrum of transactions ranging from small bespoke developments to large-scale, strategic infrastructure projects. Our Housing and Development team is made up of experts in land acquisition, planning, construction, environmental, property tax and plot sales. Our team members work seamlessly to provide legal advice and commercial risk management.
How we can help you
- Options/conditional contracts
- Promotion agreements
- Collaboration/joint venture agreements
- Pooling arrangements
- Strategic land
- Site break up
- Management companies
- Social housing
- Housing management
- Environmental issues
- Planning, highway and infrastructure agreements including complex section106 agreements
- Promotion of land for development through Local Plan processes including advice on Neighbourhood Planning
- Advice to house builders on strategic issues from scheme inception to delivery
- Large-scale development projects including housing, industrial and retail and all forms of energy schemes
- Planning appeals, planning inquiries and call-ins
- Judicial review of planning decisions, including proceedings in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court
Examples of our work
- Advising developer on a 48-hectare development to be delivered in partnership with Homes England. The development will provide much needed housing to the local area, with 180 of the 750 properties being offered as affordable homes and 570 brought to the open market.
- Assisting developer client with planning advice, legal due diligence, and a conditional Development Agreement to incorporate extensive development and overage requirements in respect of the delivery of c.300 residential dwellings
- Advising care home provider on a share purchase acquisition to secure a care home site with planning for an 80 bed care home.