Leading law firm Roythornes has announced that its Charity of The Year will be St Barnabas...
Facing employment issues can be extremely stressful, and if you’re involved in a situation or dispute in the workplace, you may not necessarily be well informed about your rights, and how best to resolve matters.
At Roythornes, we have extensive experience working with both employees and employers, assisting parties to navigate a wide range of legal matters. Whether you’re an employee facing mistreatment at work, or an employer who is faced with making an employee redundant, we can help.
Our team are friendly and compassionate, but ruthless and determined where required, we consistently approach legal matters with sensitivity, whilst working hard to protect your best interests. Any concerns you have will be promptly addressed; our focus is to reduce stress where we can.
To discuss how our employment law solicitors in Birmingham can help you, please contact our Birmingham office.
Our employment law solicitors in Birmingham can assist with:
- Unfair dismissal claims
- Constructive dismissal claims
- Wrongful dismissal claims
- Redundancy processes and disputes
- Discrimination claims
- Maternity, paternity and adoption rights
- Employment contract advice, both disputes and non-contentious work
- Corporate restructures
- TUPE transfers
- Social media policies
- Equal opportunities and non-discrimination
- Employment contracts and staff handbooks
- Settlement Agreements
- Advice on holiday pay, working time and worker status
Employment law services for employees
Unfair dismissal claims
If your employer has dismissed you based on an unfair or discriminatory reason, or they have failed to use the correct dismissal procedures, our employment law solicitors for employees can assist you to raise an unfair dismissal claim.
Circumstances that amount to unfair dismissal include:
- Dismissal based on discrimination
- Dismissal based on whistleblowing
- Dismissal where an employee has attempted to exercise a statutory right
- Dismissal for failure to follow a fair process
Constructive dismissal claims
If an employer has treated you unfairly to the extent that you felt there was no choice but to resign, our solicitors can assist you to raise a claim based on the ground of constructive dismissal. We have extensive experience in such cases and can ensure that you are well prepared for the associated processes.
To learn more, contact our constructive dismissal claims solicitors in Birmingham.
Where an employer has dismissed an employee, and this dismissal was in breach of that employee’s contract, it may be possible to make a wrongful dismissal claim.
Examples of wrongful dismissal can include:
- Terminating an employee’s contract without notice
- Dismissing an employee without following the required disciplinary procedures
- Terminating an employee’s contract for a reason that is not specified as part of their employment contract
If you have been made redundant, or are at risk of redundancy, our employment law solicitors can provide the legal guidance and support you need, based on your personal circumstances:
Our employment law solicitors in Birmingham can provide a wide range of redundancy support, including:
- Establishing whether the redundancy is genuine
- Assessing whether the correct redundancy procedures have been followed
- Raising a claim against your employer where there are grounds for a case
Equality laws are intended to protect individuals from facing discrimination in the workplace. At Roythornes, we assist employees in employment claims and grievances, related to all protected characteristics. These include:
- Gender reassignment or confirmation
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief
- Marriage and civil partnership
Maternity, paternity and adoption rights
If you’ve had a baby or adopted a child, you acquire certain legal rights in the workplace, for instance, the right to take maternity or paternity leave.
Our expert solicitors can provide assistance with a wide range of maternity and paternity related disputes including disputes based on parental leave, pay, or unfair dismissal.
Employment contract disputes
Employment contract disputes are common, and when these do arise, many employees are not aware of the legal position and their rights. Our specialists can provide assistance with all types of contract disputes, including:
- Disputes regarding pay
- Disputes regarding working hours and conditions
- Disputes related to non-compete agreements
- Disputes related to breach of contract
To learn more, contact our employment law solicitors for employees in Birmingham.
Employment law services for employers
If an employee is pursuing an unfair claim against you, it’s important that you have specialist legal support to protect your interests.
Our employment law solicitors for employers can provide support which includes:
- Providing advice prior to a dismissal to reduce the risk of an unfair dismissal claim
- Assessing the circumstances of the dismissal, evaluating the liabilities, risks, and concluding whether the employee has a case
- Support to draft a defence for an unfair dismissal case, including collecting witness statements and evidence
- Negotiating a settlement or representing employers at Employment Tribunals
Navigating redundancy can be difficult without the right support. At Roythornes, we have extensive experience supporting employers with all aspects of redundancy including:
- Legal advice to help employers follow the correct redundancy procedures
- Guidance on planning a redundancy process, including identifying selection criteria and strategy
- Help to navigate any disputes that arise as a result of a redundancy process
If you are approaching a corporate restructure, our specialist solicitors can provide help in various ways. We can provide legal advice on the employment aspects of reorganisations, mergers, and acquisitions.
Our team can assist you to perform due diligence, ensure regulatory compliance, and draft the necessary legal agreements from an employment perspective.
For more information, please contact our solicitors for employers in Birmingham.
At Roythornes, we have much experience supporting employers with all elements of TUPE transfers, including providing legal advice, guidance with due diligence and employment consultations.
Where disputes arise as a result of TUPE transfers, we can assist employers to resolve these matters with as little stress as possible.
Equal opportunities and non-discrimination policies
To ensure that your company is an ethical organisation, and that you are adhering to compliance laws, you may well require legal support with equal opportunities and non-discrimination policies.
Our expert solicitors can help clients to develop policies, implement training, conduct associated audits, and resolve related disputes.
To discuss your needs in this area of the law, please get in touch with our employment law solicitors in Birmingham.
Social media policies
To create and implement highly effective social media policies, you are likely to require expert support.
At Roythornes, we can help you to draft policies that best meet your needs, as well as ensuring compliance. Specific areas that we can support with include:
- Creating policies that outline social media conduct and behaviour
- Guidance on social media issues which arise in an employment perspective.
Our employment law fees in Birmingham
We are always transparent with our costs from the outset.
We will ensure that you are fully aware of the costs involved and are comfortable to proceed. This will always be agreed upon before any work is started.
We do offer retainer services whereby you are able to speak to an employment expert whenever required for a fixed fee.
If you are interested in learning more about our services and fees, please get in touch, and we will be happy to advise you.
Why choose Roythornes for your employment law services?
We understand that employment law matters are crucially important for companies, which is why we take a robust and practical approach, tailored to your needs.
At Roythornes, we are adept at simplifying complex legal issues, and resolving employment-based disputes with minimal fuss. Our lawyers take a straightforward approach, helping you to remain at ease throughout the legal processes.
To discuss your needs with our dedicated team today, please use the contact details below.
Get in touch with our employment law solicitors in Birmingham
For assistance with employment law matters, please contact our Birmingham office. Our dedicated team are ready to discuss your requirements, and help you to find the best solutions.