Mike qualified with the firm in 2012 and was promoted to partner in 2019.
Mike heads up the Mergers & Acquisitions team and deals with a wide range of transactions, from the sale and purchase of small family businesses to the sale and purchase of businesses worth many tens of millions of pounds. These are a mixture of trade sales, private equity sales and management buy-outs / buy-ins.
Described by clients as “absolutely excellent. Intelligent, intuitive, hardworking and conscientious” and “a credit to the industry, making complex scenarios understandable and having a commercial approach to progressing deals” Mike has developed a widely recognised specialism and is a trusted advisor not just to his own clients, but also to corporate finance advisors and accountants alike.
Mike specialises in:
- Share purchase agreements
- Asset purchase agreements
- MBOs / MBIs
- Share for share exchanges
- Shareholders’ Agreement
- Finance arrangements
A number of Mike’s matters have featured in the press, including:
- acting for the management team on the sale of a majority stake in a leading biogas producer to Macquarie Capital Principal Finance
- acting for the sellers on the sale of the distribution company Tesam Distribution Limited for £11.75m to public listed company, Clipper Logistics plc
- acting for the sellers on the sale of the well known technology company, ParentMail, to Iris Software
- acting for the manufacturer of many well known cereals, Pioneer Foods, when it acquired the Good Carb Food Company Limited and the popular Lizi’s granola brand