Lauren is a Solicitor in the Commercial Litigation department at Roythornes. She deals with a variety of contentious company and commercial matters for both corporate and individual clients which includes litigation in the High Court and County Court, as well as mediation.
Lauren's workload consists of:
- Contract disputes;
- Professional negligence claims against solicitors, architects, planning consultants and construction professionals;
- Company and shareholder disputes including unfair prejudice petitions.
- Intellectual property disputes;
- Defamation claims and libel disputes;
- Financial disputes including disputes relating to insurance and investments; and
- Contentious construction matters.
Despite only qualifying in 2019, Lauren has handled and assisted in complex and high value disputes, which includes:
- Assisting the lead Fee Earner (Peter Cusick) in representing the Defendant in the reported High Court case of Flexidig Ltd v A Coupland (Surfacing) Ltd  EWHC 2578 (TCC). The case concerned the alleged procurement by the Defendant (Coupland) of a breach of contract between the main contractor (M&M Contractors Europe Ltd), and sub-contractor (Flexidig Ltd).
- Acting in a £400,000 claim in the Circuit Commercial Court by a Franchisee against the Franchisor for breaches of the Franchise Agreement, derogation from grant and fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Acting in a £195,000 claim against the partners of a dissolved partnership for non-payment of invoices for products supplied over a two-year period.
- Acting in a £192,000 claim for breach of contract and negligence against a firm of financial advisors relating to incorrectly rebalanced funds invested in the Vanguard LifeStrategy 80% Equity A Fund.
- Acting in a dispute involving a £100,000 claim, with a £25,000 counterclaim, for breach of contract and negligence relating to the supply and installation of a bespoke conveyor system.
- Assisting the lead Fee Earner (Alex Forster) on an £8m professional negligence claim by a Trust against their planning consultants relating to the failed development of farm buildings under Class Q Permitted Development rights.
- Assisting the lead Fee Earner (Alex Forster) acting for minority shareholders of a family investment company (worth in the region of £5m) in unfair prejudice proceedings, which included relief for enforcement of a de-merger agreement which had been reneged on by the other majority shareholders.
- Assisting the lead Fee Earner (Robert Carter) in a £1m claim for misrepresentation, breach of contract, breach of warranty and negligence by a farming partnership against the seller of an automatic milking system which failed to perform as effectively or as economically as represented.
Lauren has been described by clients as providing “reliable, honest and professional legal advice” and part of “a team of excellent lawyers”.
"Roythornes have been a breath of fresh air throughout when it came to dealing with our case. We were appointed with Lauren Pitts as our solicitor acting on our behalf and she was professional, prompt in her responses, and always available to assist in our matters in the most efficient manner possible. Lauren was always committed and the service she had provided was truly remarkable and we appreciate this ever so much. Despite the challenges within our case, Lauren was always resilient and determined to achieve the best possible output and have everything sorted for us in an exceptional manner. Throughout such a stressful time, it is essential that solicitors provide guidance and ease and Roythornes, and Lauren as our solicitor, did exactly that and more. The team went above and beyond to assist in our case, and we are ever so grateful. Thank you, Lauren, for your professionalism and hard work, and Thank you Roythornes for the amazing service we have received! We would 100% recommend Roythornes and We hope to work with you again in future."