Leading law firm Roythornes has announced that its Charity of The Year will be St Barnabas...
Roythornes Trustees Limited has been created to provide an alternative option for the appointment of professional trustees. It may be appropriate to appoint a trust corporation to act in a range of situations for example:
- as executor and/or trustee of your last will and testament
- as trustee of a new or existing trust
- as attorney under a Lasting Power of Attorney
- as deputy appointed by the Court of Protection to assist in the management of the property and financial affairs of an individual who suffers from incapacity
- as an additional trustee to ensure that property transactions may complete
- as trustee of a charitable trust
Choosing the right trustee, or combination of trustees, is essential as it makes sure a trust, estate or vulnerable person’s affairs can be effectively managed and that important decisions are made the right way.
Whilst trustees can be selected from family, friends and professional advisers, we believe that the appointment of a corporate trustee can bring significant benefits to the long-term continuity and security of a trust.
For estate administration, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection matters, using our corporate trustees guarantees you can be sure of expert legal knowledge and the highest standards of professionalism. This can give you confidence that no detail will be overlooked and all decisions will be made in the best interests of the beneficiaries of an estate or vulnerable person who needs support with decision-making.
As a corporate trustee, we can act alongside individual trustees, providing expert legal advice and support for the management of a trust, or we can act as the sole trustee, offering a complete trust management service. This also applies to our estate administration and personal affairs management services, where we are happy to support non-professional executors, attorneys and Court of Protection deputies, or act alone.
Roythornes Trustees Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of our law firm Roythornes Limited. This means, alongside our professional trust management services, you also have easy access to our wider legal expertise.
The benefits of appointing a corporate trustee
- It provides continuity by reducing the number of times trustees have to be changed, helping to reduce costs
- It gives greater availability since the corporate trustee does not take holiday or have any other distractions
- It offers a higher standard of trusteeship as a result of the increased duty of care compared with a personal appointment
How to appoint Roythornes as professional trustees
The appointment of Roythornes Trustees Limited can be:
- Pending - for example, the executor of a will whilst you are still alive, or your attorney where that power has not yet been exercised.
- Active - for example, the executor of a deceased’s will, an active attorneyship or the trustee of a trust in administration.
- Temporary - where Roythornes Trustees Limited is appointed for a fixed period of time.
We will be happy to discuss your options with you in plain English, so you can make the right choice for your needs and circumstances.
Why choose Roythornes as your corporate trustee?
We offer proactive, strategic long-term advice and management for a wide range of trusts, as well as other applications such as administration of estates, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection matters.
Our experience, professional approach and financial acumen mean we can ensure your trust or personal affairs are managed effectively to match your needs and goals.
Our professional trustees work with a wide range of clients, including individuals and organisations, with particular experience relating to the agricultural sector. We also have strong expertise in tax matters, including in relation to inheritance tax.
Roythornes Trustees Limited is backed by The Association of Corporate Trustees, and as such has access to invaluable resources to keep abreast of changes and developments within the industry.