"George's communication was fantastic and I was kept up to date at all times."
"George was extremely efficient and made things simple for me - very informative, clear and concise."
George joined Roythornes in 2022, having previously qualified with a specialist employment law firm in 2018. George is experienced in advising both employees and employers and he has represented a wide variety of clients in Employment Tribunals ranging from individuals and SMEs to national retail brands and PLCs.
George’s experience in the Employment Tribunal began in 2011, representing individuals pro-bono through a charity called the Free Representation Unit. Since then, he has regularly appeared in Tribunals across the country, including acting in several appeals to the Employment Appeal Tribunal. George has a measured and thorough approach to advocacy and his cross-examination has been instrumental in securing the right result for his clients on many occasions.
George advises on all aspects of employment law, including:
- Recruitment and onboarding
- Contracts, policies and handbooks
- Disciplinary and grievance issues
- Managing performance and sickness absence
- Discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Health and safety
- Redundancies and business re-organisations
- Holiday pay
- Worker status and IR35
- Gender pay gap reporting
- Post-termination restrictions
- Unfair and constructive dismissal
- Settlement agreements
- LLB, BPTC