“Roythornes are efficient, professional and delivers excellent service."
"After my experience with other firms, now that I have used Roythornes, I would not go anywhere else."
"No better advice to be had. Deadlines are always met. Roythornes are extremely competent and professional."
Emily acts for Executors and Beneficiaries in all forms of Contentious Trusts and Probate work. Before specialising in this area, Emily gained a wealth of experience as a civil and commercial litigator, in firms around the Midlands.
She has experience in matters relating to:
- disputes regarding the validity of Wills mainly on the grounds of lack of capacity and undue influence;
- challenges to the Estate pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 for financial provision;
- disputes regarding the interpretation of Wills, and questions arising as to whether rectification is appropriate;
- questions arising regarding the administration of a Trust or Will;
- disputes involving lifetime gifts;
- disputes over co-owned property, especially residential properties, to include calculating beneficial interests, and seeking Orders for Sale; and
- application for the removal of Executors and Trustees.
Emily seeks to give holistic and practical legal advice, whilst focusing on the client’s ultimate aim. Emily has been recognised by clients as approachable, clear, and reasonable, but also known for achieving desired results.
Emily encourages Alternative Dispute Resolution when practicable in order to settle disputes. However, should negotiations fail, she will be able to guide clients through the Court system, whilst at all times keeping them appraised of developments, and with easy to understand advice.