Cristina is a paralegal in the Personal Injury department having joined the firm in 2004. She deals with road traffic accident, trip/slip, public liability, employers’ liability and claims against the local authority. She is a specialist electronic claims portal handler and has her own caseload of work. She also works alongside Tim Edwards, assisting on high value and complex personal injury claims. She handles personal injury claims from initial instruction all the way through to trial.
Cristina has particular expertise in dealing with road traffic accident claims and accidents in public places, she has represented a number of individuals who have suffered injuries ranging from minor to significant. Cristina also deals with claims on behalf of children and helps her clients achieve the compensation they’re entitled to. Welcoming even the more challenging of cases, Cristina’s friendly and professional demeanour puts her clients at ease and she often receives glowing reviews from those she’s helped.
Cristina manages our Personal Injury Twitter account @Roythornes_PI and is part of our in-house Charities and Events Team.
- claim on behalf of S (A Child) -v- Severn Trent Water Plc which was concluded successfully at Court. This was a legally complex case which has set a precedent for future cases regarding disputes on the maintenance of private land;
- recovery of £80,000 damages for a claimant who was taken to hospital by air ambulance for emergency treatment following a serious road traffic accident;
- successful claim for orthopaedic injuries and cosmetic scarring arising out of an accident at work. Complex claim pursued against two defendants (the employers and occupiers of the premises where the accident occurred).
- Recovery of £60,000 damages for a claimant who suffered injuries after slipping in a town centre market place. The occupier of a market stall had failed to clean the surrounding area after trade had finished that day. As a result, the claimant slipped on greasy substances left behind. Cristina worked with Tim Edwards on this fairly complex spinal injury case which was successfully concluded shortly before the matter had been listed for Trial.
- Issued proceedings and settled before trial for an employers liability claim, caused by a slip at work.
- Personal Injury