"Catherine's helpfulness, transparency and professionalism have continued to make decision-making easy and have given me piece of mind in what could otherwise be a complex matter."
"Catherine Rickett is excellent, keeping me up to date with progress of collecting debts, asking for information when required, and being helpful."
“I have recently become a client of Roythornes, who have been exceptional from the first point of contact. What stood out to me was the speed of responses, along with clear understanding of our situation. Catherine has been on hand should I require anything.”
Catherine joined Roythornes in 2018, having qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2015 after studying with the CILEx Law School, specialising in civil litigation and contract law.
In 2023, Catherine was admitted as a CILEx Litigator and Advocate. Acting in a variety of matters, Catherine has considerable experience in debt recovery, dispute resolution and litigation. She also specialises in insolvency work, including presenting of winding up and bankruptcy petitions, and manages our Debt Recovery team.
In her spare time, Catherine is a Governor for a local secondary school, and enjoys combining her love of baking with fundraising efforts for our charity of the year.
Recent work includes:
- Managing a portfolio debt of over £800,000 on behalf of a loan company
- Recovering a debt of £30,000 on behalf of a recruitment business following service of a Winding up Petition
- Advising clients regarding making and defending set aside judgment applications
- Negotiating a payment plan for rent arrears and the terms of a new lease
- Advising and facilitating the removal of a charging order where the client could not trace the creditor
- Considering prospects of success of pursuing an estate on behalf of a client in the agricultural sector and successfully recovering c. £18,000 without the need for legal proceedings