Shruti specialises in all aspects of planning and has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating complex planning, highway and infrastructure agreements. She also has considerable experience in contentious planning and environmental judicial review matters and legal challenges, including Court of Appeal and Supreme Court litigation.
In addition, she regularly advises on planning appeals and strategic housing schemes across the country, as well as on energy projects. She has particular expertise in housing schemes having advised the majority of national house builders and others on a variety of planning matters, both contentious and non-contentious. Shruti’s client base is varied and includes a mix of developers, landowners, investors and local authorities. She helps them to achieve the best outcome for the delivery of projects at a strategic level.
Major projects have included:
- a major call-in inquiry for a Marks & Spencer flagship store at Cheshire Oaks, Ellesmere Port, which was granted consent despite substantial National Policy constraints;
- a major solar scheme enquiry in South Wales for 3C Energy which was also granted consent against a challenging policy and local political backdrop;
- the extension of Birmingham International Airport, which required a complex CPO and other associated orders;
- complex and on-going town centre regeneration schemes involving detailed CPOs and highway orders in Newport, Wakefield, Crewe and Hinckley;
- complex High Court and Court of Appeal judicial review litigation for a major house builder in challenging both a Neighbourhood Development Plan and a significant road scheme.