Roythornes Spalding Offices
Victoria Stevenson

Complaints Procedure

As a firm, we always seek to deal with your complaint as speedily and fairly as possible. 

Victoria Stevenson is the Partner responsible for dealing with complaints at Roythornes.

Victoria will review your file and speak to the person dealing with your matter in order to ascertain the position.  She is obliged to respond to your complaint within eight weeks but will endeavour to let you have a substantive response within four weeks of the complaint reaching her.

If you have any concerns about the way in which your complaint is handled, feel free to raise them with Victoria in the first instance or with Paul Osborne, the firm’s Senior Partner.

To enable you to have every available means of contacting Victoria, her contact details are below.  In the event she is unavailable you can also contact Victoria’s secretary, Maria Hemsley, on her direct dial number which is 01775 764162.

Contact details:

Postal address: Roythornes Limited, Enterprise Way, Pinchbeck, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 3YR

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

If your complaint has not been resolved either by contacting the person who is working on the case or following our investigation and formal response, then you may wish to contact the Legal Ombudsman.  Before accepting a complaint for investigation the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first.

If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, telephone - 0300 555 0333 or e-mail - to consider the complaint.  Any complaint must be lodged with the Ombudsman within either a) six years of the act or omission taking place or three years from when you should reasonably have known there was a cause for complaint or b) six months of this firm's final response to your complaint.  After either of those time limits the Ombudsman may not entertain your complaint.

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour or conduct

If your complaint is about a solicitor's behaviour or conduct then you can make a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).  This can be done via their website at, in writing to The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN or by telephone 0370 606 2555.