Great insight from the Roythornes' team.
Webinar: Divorce and the Farming Family
A webinar for accountants, agents and business advisers to equip you with an overview of the issues that impact your farming clients, their livelihoods, and their businesses should they be considering divorce.
Topics will include;
The dangers in not taking early advice to include
- Creating overly generous precedents or interim arrangements
- Creating rights and entitlements where none previously existed
- Undermining your own position and entitlement
- Well-intentioned but unqualified advice from friend and family
What will happen to the farm?
- Looking at contribution and needs, sharing and compensation
- Income, capital and pension claims
Specific issues found in farming divorce cases
- The inherited farm – is it protected? Does it form part of the matrimonial pot?
- The role of valuations and expert evidence
Funding and liquidity
- The tax implications of dividing farm assets
- Farming partnerships, limited companies and trusts.
- The non-farming and the non-working spouse
Preventative steps that you or your clients could take
The webinar will be delivered by Neil Denny and John Boon, two of Roythornes’ highly experienced family law team and Ben Taylor, from Roythorne’s prestigious private client and estate planning department. It will draw upon previously decided and reported family law cases looking at farming divorces.
Register for free here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MxhMpPuCQvW6ci3F0MouDw
Please send in questions that you would like answered either before the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org, or during the webinar itself.