We're always looking for big picture thinkers to join our team
Team Legal Secretary - Peterborough - full-time
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Peterborough office as a Team Legal Secretary in our Residential Property team. The role is a full-time role working 9am - 5:30 Monday to Thursday and 9am - 5pm Friday.
At Roythornes we act for clients across the country and sit comfortably among the UK’s top 200 law firms. We are a commercial practice, established in Lincolnshire 85 years ago, with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property.
We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people. Our management style is empowering, with a strong emphasis on personal accountability. Focus is on working with the right people with the right expertise at the right level – putting together the best team for the client.
We offer highly competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package as well as the chance to grow with us
We are seeking an experienced legal secretary, ideally with experience of working in a property department. The successful candidate will be someone able to effectively prioritise a busy workload, be proactive with excellent attention to detail.
- You will be responsible for providing the Property team with typing, secretarial and administrative support and assist with digital dictation.
- You will ideally be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Property workload to include property searches, Land Registry applications and SDLT returns.
- You will be flexible in supporting the needs of the team and the priorities given, as well as being able to prioritise your own workload effectively, ensuring you deliver a quality service.
Additionally, as a member of the wider support team, you will ensure the smooth-running of the office and ensuring you are flexible in supporting the needs of the office and the priorities given.
You will need to be able to prioritise your own workload effectively, delivering a quality service.
The successful candidate will be a real team player, with exceptional attention to detail as well as excellent organisation and communication skills; a natural problem solver who remains calm under pressure.
The role would suit someone who is computer literate, with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as ideally having digital transcription skills and a typing speed of at least 65 wpm/90% accuracy.
We are committed to ongoing professional development and we would be looking for someone to be equally dedicated to their own growth and development.
Ideally you will bring:
- Experience as a secretary – legal/professional services desirable although not essential
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent accuracy with competence in spelling, punctuation and grammar
Please note we only accept CVs through recruitment agencies if they have been fully briefed on the position and we have agreed terms of business