We're always looking for big picture thinkers
As we expand our IT development function we are seeking the skills of a developer to take on the increase in new projects and existing system support and maintenance required by the firm.
The team take a professional approach to all aspects of the development cycle, including business analysis, design, iterative solution development, testing, project management and close liaison with other business functions in terms of implementation (training, support, project review and benefit assessment.). All systems infrastructure, administration and support is outsourced.
The role would suit an experienced or up and coming developer, with an analytical mind, an eye for design and with attention to detail. Our focus is on the development of process improvement solutions using the SOS Connect case management system, .Net / SQL and Microsoft PowerApps. This includes an embedded and user definable database, form designer, scripting language used to create workflow solutions. Full training will be provided in the use of SOS Connect. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the development, customisation and maintenance of application software and associated reporting solutions. The role also involves aspects of high level application support in respect of calls escalated via the IT helpdesk (i.e. treatment of bugs and enhancement requests.)
- Development and maintenance of application software within our case management system – SOS Connect (this is a legal specific case and matter management / financial management system)
- Using reporting tools such as SQL Reporting Services to create and maintain both simple and complex reporting solutions
- Database administration (creating databases, views, summary tables, stored procedures in support of application development)
- The set up and maintenance of simple integration solutions between internal and third party systems (SOS Accounts, MS Office, web services etc.)
- The delivery of technical solutions which demonstrably fulfil business requirements
- To ensure information security by design within application developments
- Review and technical appraisal of solutions developments of co-workers
- Definition of and adherence to appropriate development standards within a team environment
- To undertake planned maintenance and enhancement requests to existing applications
- To provide application support in relation to calls escalated from the helpdesk
- To undertake application testing and appropriate technical documentation prior to release
- Close liaison with the business analyst / project manager and technical support and training teams (outsourced) in terms of implementation and embedding new or updated solutions
- To provide demonstrations and skills transfer in relation to new or updated systems
The ideal candidate will be an experienced developer or graduate with computer science degree with a programming emphasis and with a desire to utilise their skills and expertise in a progressive and growing professional environment. Working as part of a close-nit team, the successful candidate will be a real team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. We are also looking for someone who possesses a genuine aptitude to learn, a passion for customer service excellence and deliver first-class work, which is right first time.
- Commercial software development experience, ideally within a legal case management environment (although full training will be provided)
- Experience of development within .Net/VB/Python/SQL environment
- Experience of developing simple workflow solutions
- Some experience of reporting tools such as SQL Reporting Services or Crystal Reports
- Familiarity with accounting / financial management systems, legal case or matter management applications, document production / management, or similar workflow solutions
- Integration experience within the Microsoft Office environment
- Experience of developing / maintaining management information and reporting systems
- An awareness of the software development lifecycle, and software development standards
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, able to communicate well both in business and technical terms.
- Awareness of Microsoft PowerApps (advantageous)