We're always looking for big picture thinkers
Paralegal: Commercial Property
Roythornes is a commercial practice with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property. We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people.
Since its beginnings in Lincolnshire over 80 years ago, Roythornes has developed beyond its historic East Midlands heartland. We act for clients across the country and sit comfortably among the UK’s top 150 law firms. Our people work out of four offices: Spalding, Peterborough, Nottingham and Alconbury.
We take an active, hands-on and long-term approach, getting to know our clients and their businesses over many years. This means we can anticipate and deal with complex and challenging issues that really matter - not just to the success of the businesses themselves but to the wellbeing of the families that depend on them.
Many of our 26 partners trained with us; this has been one of the keys to our success and we aim to continue to grow organically, while bringing in additional expertise where needed to meet our strategic goals.
As you would expect, we are looking for people with proven intellectual ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and, most of all, the drive to exceed our clients’ expectations. In return, we offer competitive salaries and the chance to grow with us.
We are looking for true team players who can assist with both fee-earning and administrative tasks, to maximise the operational efficiency of the team whilst delivering high standards of legal work and client care.
Fee earning tasks will include …
- producing legal documentation, as required
- drafting basic deeds, documents, letters and financial statements
- researching and preparing appropriate searches
- preparing and submitting Land Registry applications and SDLT returns
- engaging in legal research as appropriate
- basic correspondence and telephone calls on client matters
- appreciation of legal procedures
Administrative tasks will include:-
- dealing with general routines and providing support to the team, as required
- managing incoming and outgoing telephone calls, e-mails and facsimile transmissions, as required
- transcribing digital dictation
- maintaining client relationship management data and property records
- monitoring compliance and Lexcel requirements
- being involved in the efficient management of client/matter files and assisting with good financial management, as and when appropriate
- greeting clients and arranging meetings, as required
Key Skills and Experience
We are looking for a dynamic paralegal who ideally has experience of working within a private practice, preferably with conveyancing experience. You should be confident in addressing clients in a professional capacity.
To be considered for this position, you should:
- be a paralegal looking to take the next step in your development
- have an appreciation of legal procedures
- possess good IT and keyboard skills
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have an ability to organise and prioritise workload, especially under pressure
- be accurate with good attention detail
- provide evidence of good customer facing skills
- provide evidence of an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
- have an ability to work alone using initiative, as well as being part of a team