We are currently seeking an Operations Assistant to support the smooth running of our busy Spalding office. The successful candidate will be required to provide operational administration, reception/switchboard cover, facilities/ health and safety management. The hours are 29.5 hours a week, 12:00pm - 6:00pm Monday to Thursday, 12:00pm - 5:30pm Friday.
At Roythornes we act for clients across the country and sit comfortably among the UK’s top 200 law firms. We are a commercial practice, established in Lincolnshire 85 years ago, with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property.
We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people. Our management style is empowering, with a strong emphasis on personal accountability. Focus is on working with the right people with the right expertise at the right level – putting together the best team for the client.
We offer highly competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package as well as the chance to grow with us
You will take hands on approach to the operations duties attending to internal and external customers in person and on the telephone, via email and facsimile, preparing meeting rooms, arranging catering, maintaining office supplies and stationery, copying documents, handling incoming and outgoing mail and arranging travel and accommodation bookings.
To be successful you will need to be an accomplished multi-tasker, with excellent attention to detail and a proactive nature. You will work closely within a team of six, therefore your ability to work well as a team will be important. You will also be required to be flexible to provide cover within the team as necessary to ensure front of house is manned between 7.45 am and 6 pm.
Duties also include:
- Assist with operational administration, duties and manual handling procedures and routines.
- Assist with moving files and boxes between departments and offices.
- Undertake routine and regular maintenance tasks to include ensuring the car park is kept safe for staff and visitors, issuing door toggles, issuing office keys and liaising with contractors re routine and ad hoc visits.
- Assist with office/desk moves, set up for new starters and clear down for leavers and movers.
- Assist with fire alarm checks and carry out monthly checks for emergency lighting and fire exit doors.
- Carry out workstation risk assessments and ensure general health and safety regulations are followed
- File archiving including destruction of archived files in accordance with the company’s policy and retrieving files from storage.
- Manage the Operations email inbox and respond to requests accordingly.
- Arrange regular recycling in line with the firm’s Green initiative.
- Assist with organisation and set up of telephone conference calls, video conferences or webinar facilities.
- Assist Operations Director with routine and ad hoc tasks/projects.
- Provide assistance to the team wherever and whenever necessary along with any other reasonable request by staff members.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a professional environment and providing internal customer care. They will be able a dynamic team player with a proactive and willing attitude.
- Experience of working in a professional organisation in an internal customer facing role such as a receptionist or facilities co-ordinator.
- Evidence of a ‘can-do’ attitude and good work ethic.
- Exceptionally organised with the ability to multi task, be hands on and have the ability to work under pressure/meet deadlines.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Excellent communication skills both written - able to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail in work produced.