We're always looking for big picture thinkers
Operations Assistant - Spalding - Full or Part Time
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Assistant to join our our expanding team at the Spalding office. As our Spalding site continues to grow we require someone to support the smooth running of the office site. Due to the nature of the team we are able to consider either part-time or full-time hours.
At Roythornes we act for clients across the country and sit comfortably among the UK’s top 200 law firms. We are a commercial practice, established in Lincolnshire 85 years ago, with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property.
We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people. Our management style is empowering, with a strong emphasis on personal accountability. Focus is on working with the right people with the right expertise at the right level – putting together the best team for the client.
We offer highly competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package as well as the chance to grow with us
The successful candidate will be required to provide operational administration, reception/switchboard cover, facilities/ health and safety management. You will take hands on approach to the operations duties attending to internal and external customers in person and on the telephone, via email and facsimile, preparing meeting rooms, arranging catering, maintaining office supplies and stationery, copying documents, handling incoming and outgoing mail and arranging travel and accommodation bookings.
To be successful you will need to be an accomplished multi-tasker, able to think on their feet and be comfortable in an active role where no two days will be the same.
- Assist with operational administration, duties and manual handling procedures and routines
- Assist with moving files and boxes between departments and offices
- Undertake regular maintenance tasks to include air conditioning settings, ensuring the car park is kept safe for staff and visitors, issuing security toggles & office keys and liaising with contractors re routine and ad hoc visits
- Assist with office moves, set up for new starters and clear down for leavers and movers
- Assist with fire alarm checks and carry out monthly checks for emergency lighting and fire exit doors.
- Carry out workstation risk assessments and ensure general health and safety regulations are followed
- Manage the Operations email inbox and respond to requests accordingly
- Arrange regular recycling in line with the firm’s Green initiative
- Assist with organisation and set up of telephone conference calls, video conferences or webinar facilities
- Assist Operations Director with routine and ad hoc tasks/projects
- Provide assistance in support team wherever and whenever necessary along with any other reasonable request by members of staff.
We are seeking an experienced customer service professional who demonstrates flexibility and a 'can do' attitude. You will be able a dynamic team player with a proactive and willing attitude.
- Experience of working in a professional organisation would be advantageous.
- Exceptionally organised with the ability to multi task, be hands on and have the ability to work under pressure/meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written - able to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail in work produced.
- Desire to undertake training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development and further training.