Roythornes is a commercial practice with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property. We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people.
Since its beginnings in Lincolnshire over 80 years ago, Roythornes has developed beyond its historic East Midlands heartland. We act for clients across the country and sit comfortably among the UK’s top 150 law firms. Our people work out of four offices: Spalding, Peterborough, Nottingham and Alconbury.
We take an active, hands-on and long-term approach, getting to know our clients and their businesses over many years. This means we can anticipate and deal with complex and challenging issues that really matter - not just to the success of the businesses themselves but to the wellbeing of the families that depend on them.
Many of our 26 partners trained with us; this has been one of the keys to our success and we aim to continue to grow organically, while bringing in additional expertise where needed to meet our strategic goals.
As you would expect, we are looking for people with proven intellectual ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and, most of all, the drive to exceed our clients’ expectations. In return, we offer competitive salaries and the chance to grow with us.
- Advising on common law and statutory property claims, including breach of covenants, injunctions, removal of trespassers, landlord and tenant disputes and boundary disputes
- In addition, having experience in other forms of commercial litigation such as regulatory, contentious probate, shareholder and partnership disputes; and employment litigation
- Providing legal advice to a range of clients, including the negotiation and drafting of documentation
- Carrying out in an effective, efficient and timely manner the various stages of legal proceedings with the aim of protecting the interests of the client
- Assuming responsibility for important elements of the work that is handled by a designated partner
- Operating effectively with clients and their professional and financial advisors – managing specific fields
- Working under the direction of a partner and receiving assignments with specified objectives
- Managing client/matter files
- Managing fee income and collection of bills
- Assisting and supervising trainees and paralegals
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you should:
- be a qualified solicitor of between NQ and five years' PQE
- have experience of working in a litigation department across a range of clients, handling a variety of issues
- be able to build relationships with both new and existing clients and professionals, and have a natural ability to promote marketing and business development initiatives in a dynamic way
- be able to work in a team and have the ability to develop relationships with colleagues
- have a strong desire to learn and widen knowledge
- be able to act independently to a reasonably high level, but also work with more experienced partners and fee earners on more complex and specialised matters as required
- possess good communication skills in order to explain legal matters clearly to clients
- be discreet and have the ability to respect client confidentiality
- be able to tackle tasks in a structured manner to ensure completion to a high standard
- have solid organisational and time management skills
- have drafting skills and proven attention to detail
- have sound problem-solving skills
- be able to adapt to a broad range of situations and circumstances and remain calm under pressure
- have strong technical knowledge in litigation