We're always looking for talented individuals
Head of Trust Services
This key role will be pivotal in delivering the team's strategic aims over the course of the next few years in securing trustee compliance and profitable growth for the firm.
Throughout Roythornes history we have developed a large portfolio of trusts, many holding extensive land, development and business interests, often created in line with the firm’s strategic tax planning advice to our land and business-owning families. Some are the natural by-product of a thriving Probate Services team, others have evolved from Personal Injury and other asset-protection motivators. As trust law and practice evolves, we have sought to develop the range of services that we offer to trustees to ensure that they appreciate their responsibilities, maintain compliant records and, as far as possible, protect themselves from liability. The role will therefore encompass a range of responsibilities in delivering services both internally focussed in managing exposure to risk for the practice and outwardly focussed in delivering a professional and streamlined service to a range of trustees in line with the Roythornes brand.
Roythornes offers a professional trustee service in terms of both partners and our trust corporation acting as trustee in a range of circumstances.
The role will encompass the following elements in which experience, whilst not essential, would be of benefit. When combined with a commercial, supremely organised approach and an enthusiasm for the opportunities presenting to this role together, we have a chance to put Roythornes on the map as excelling in the provision of niche trustee services;
Overseeing creation and maintenance of trust database
- The development of an interactive database of trust matters and the associated collateral to deliver a streamlined service
- Detecting individual trusts from our existing records and, with the assistance of a junior team, populating a composite database of all Roythornes trust matters under management
- Promoting our trustee services to the trustees of all trusts so identified
- Overseeing the streamlined retirement of former partners at Roythornes and the transition to Roythornes Trustees Limited/new trustees
- Providing regular reports on progress to Private Client Lead Partner.
The provision of annual trust administration services
The trust year at Roythornes runs in line with the tax year. For each trust under management our aim is to provide an annual trust administration service at different levels (gold/silver/bronze) dependant on how much or little we are asked to do. As part of this annual service, the Head of Trust Services (HTS) will be expected to engage in the cyclical completion of the trust administration to include;
- coordinating the annual management of each trust to include;
- preparation of annual report to trustees;
- maintenance of Roythornes internal compliance requirements;
- coordination of trustee meetings/agendas and minutes;
- liaising with trustees and beneficiaries throughout, coordinating such matters via matter manager;
- preparation of annual trust accounts;
- preparation of annual trust tax returns/collating details for provision to our partner accountancy practices and maintenance of links with those practices;
- cash flow management;
- liaison with intermediaries, stockbrokers, insurance brokers and land agents;
- provision of tax advice to trustees and settlors and scheduling distributions to beneficiaries or the commissioning of such advice/provision of instructions to procure such advice;
- management, guidance and education of junior team members;
- impeccable file management;
- effective, efficient and timely management of all matters;
- proactively developing new business opportunities from internal cross-referrals, existing clients and other professionals;
- meeting agreed targets for chargeable time, fee income generated, billing and fee collection.
Management of Roythornes Trustees Limited (RTL)
RTL is a trust corporation owned by Roythornes Ltd and its services are offered as an alternative to the appointment of family and individual professionals, as trustees of private and charitable trusts, executorships, deputyships and attorneyships.
The HTS will be responsible for the maintenance of records and overseeing the completion of due diligence for all such appointments. The HTS will be accountable to the directors of RTL in ensuring that they meet all of their obligations in relation to the delivery of trustee services via RTL.
Roythornes is a member of TACT, the Association of Corporate Trustees and our HTS will be actively involved in attending TACT events, training, AGM and securing guidance and input as required from this supportive association.