Roythornes is a commercial practice with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property. We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people.
Since its beginnings in Lincolnshire over 80 years ago, Roythornes has developed beyond its historic East Midlands heartland. We act for clients across the country and sit comfortably among the UK’s top 150 law firms. Our people work out of four offices: Spalding, Peterborough, Nottingham and Alconbury.
We take an active, hands-on and long-term approach, getting to know our clients and their businesses over many years. This means we can anticipate and deal with complex and challenging issues that really matter - not just to the success of the businesses themselves but to the wellbeing of the families that depend on them.
Many of our 26 partners trained with us; this has been one of the keys to our success and we aim to continue to grow organically, while bringing in additional expertise where needed to meet our strategic goals.
As you would expect, we are looking for people with intellectual ability, excellent interpersonal skills and, most of all, the drive to exceed our clients’ expectations. In return, we offer competitive salaries and the chance to grow with us.
An opportunity has arisen for a Debt Recovery Manager to join our existing team which works on behalf of a wide range of commercial clients at our Spalding office.
- Processing debt recovery work from initial solicitor’s letters to issuing claim forms and chasing/liaising with client/enforcement officers
- Assisting with insolvency work such as Statutory Demands, where applicable
- Providing clients with telephone and written support, together with timely and accurate reporting of their cases
- Liaising with cashiers for the billing of matters
- Liaising with relevant fee earners for handing over or dealing with contested matters, more in-depth legal advice to clients and complex insolvency work; and generally more complex/non-standard debt recovery work as deemed appropriate
- Assisting the firm in developing existing contacts and other non-debt recovery work wherever possible
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you should:
- demonstrate a professional management style
- have experience of managing a caseload or ledger
- have experience of dealing with clients/customers and an understanding of client relationships
- have a good understanding of the purpose of debt recovery claims, and the importance to businesses of good credit management
- have a good understanding of court litigation processes
- have an understanding of the importance of providing a swift, efficient and timely service
- possess excellent communication, relationship-building and problem-solving skills
- have self-supporting typing skills
- be able to work calmly and efficiently to tight deadlines
- be able to handle demanding and expert clients appropriately
- be highly organised
- possess good IT skills