We can help you interpret your lease.
Lease Interpretation and Advice
Your residential lease can be complex and therefore difficult to understand. If you are buying a flat or are already a leaseholder of a flat it is important to know:
- The parties to the lease
- The extent of the property
- The length of the lease
- The rights granted with the property
- Landlords obligations
- Leaseholders obligations
We can help you interpret the lease. Some of the most common questions we are asked to interpret are:
- Is there a head lease?
- Who is responsible for insuring the building?
- What part of the flat belongs to the leaseholder/landlord?
- Who is responsible for external repairs?
- Whether a leaseholder needs landlords consent to carry out alterations (see Lease Compliance)
If you would like to know more please contact our specialist team who can take you through the possible benefits and alternative options available to you.
View all staff.