Opinions and insights from Roythornes' employment team.
Furlough Guidance clarified
- AuthorDesley Sherwin
Less than 48 hours after it was issued, the latest furlough scheme guidance has been revised to correct some errors:
1. In relation to the expiry of fixed term contracts and rehiring, the correct date is now confirmed as 23 September 2020 (not 23 October 2020).
2. It has been clarified that TUPE'd employees are eligible for furlough if they:
- transferred from their old employer to their new employer on or after 1 September 2020
- were employed by either their old employer or new employer on 30 October 2020
- are on a PAYE Real Time Information (RTI) submission to HMRC, by their old or new employer between 20 March 2020 and 30 October 2020, notifying a payment of earnings for that employee.
Further guidance to the extended furlough scheme is expected to be published in a couple of weeks’ time, so watch this space towards the end of November 2020.