Insight and comment from our talented team.
Covid-19: self-isolation notes
- AuthorDesley Sherwin
For those employees who have been advised to self-isolate due to coronavirus, either because they have symptoms or they live with someone who has symptoms, evidence of sickness absence can now be provided by ‘isolation note’.
To produce an isolation note, go to the NHS 111 online site (111.nhs.uk) and click on the link for “Stay at home advice”.
You are asked a few simple questions:
- Have you been told to stay at home (by official advice, NHS111 or a healthcare professional)?
- Why do you have to stay at home? - either 1) you have symptoms or 2) you live with someone who has symptoms
- When do you need this note to start from? – either 1) today or 2) sometime in the last seven days, in which case you enter the relevant date
- What is your name?
- What is your date of birth?
- What email should we send your note to? (if you don’t have an email address, you can input the email address of a trusted friend or family member).
You then get the opportunity to check your answers before submitting. An isolation note is then emailed to you for you to pass to your employer.