Department: Operations Team
Contract Type: Permanent
Providing our staff and clients with outstanding customer care is an integral part of our business. Our Operations Team are responsible for managing the expectations of our colleagues and customers; they do this by a combination of behind the scenes priorities which contributes to the smooth day to day running of the business. This position demands a very physical approach and often involves a multitude of tasks to be carried out in one day. The role is very varied in terms of responsibilities, ranging from administration and reception work to facility & IT related duties.
- Undertake franking and stamping of post and packing of mail bags
- Undertake routine maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs, ensuring the car park is kept safe for staff and visitors.
- Be mindful of general health and safety for the building.
- Manage the Operations Site Help Desk and respond to calls accordingly.
- Collect outgoing mail from the designated collection points at set times, weigh and place in relevant post trays, keep the franking machine in credit.
- Maintaining stock levels, order stationery and housekeeping supplies on regular basis
- Keep supplies and stationery storage areas tidy
- Provide refreshments for clients and meetings as required
- Assist reception with ensuring meeting rooms are cleared and tidy prior and after meetings
- Cover on switchboard/reception as and when required
- Maintain paper stock levels in all print machines each morning
- Assist Operations & Support Manager with other routine and ad hoc tasks/projects
- Liaise with cleaners re housekeeping
- Assist with organisation of In-House training including setting up of any video conference or webinar facilities
- Assist with fire alarm checks and carry out monthly checks for emergency lighting and fire exit doors. Log accordingly
- Assist with library updates
- Deliver and collect mail to and from post office or post box as required
- Deliver and collect items within the locality
- Maintain stock levels in all kitchens each morning
- Distribute correspondence
- Distribute incoming faxes and 2nd post
- Assist with moving files and boxes between departments and buildings
- File archiving within SOS
- Retrieving files and subsequently returning them to outside storage
- Destruction of archived files
- Office advanced diaries
- Dealing with files opened in error
- Provide Switchboard / Reception cover at times of annual leave/sickness absence as required including
- Assistance in support team wherever and whenever necessary
- Any other reasonable request by members of staff
Skills and Experience
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise resources to get things done
- Experience of working in a professional organisation
- Experience of working in an internal customer facing role
- Evidence of a ‘can-do’ attitude and good work ethic
- Experience of working in a team
- Evidence of problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal – able to communicate at all levels.