Department: Private Client
Contract Type: Permanent
As part of our continuing growth and development, we are looking for a new Head of or Director of Trustee Services (D.T.S) to join our Private Client Team. This key role will be pivotal in delivering the teams strategic aims over the course of the next few years in securing trustee compliance and profitable growth for the firm.
Overseeing Creation and maintenance of Trust database
- The development of an interactive database of trust matters and the associated collateral to deliver a streamlined service.
- Detecting individual trusts from our existing records and, with the assistance of a junior team, populating a composite database of all Roythornes Trust matters under management.
- Promoting our trustee services to the trustees of all trusts so identified.
- Overseeing the streamlined retirement of former partners at Roythornes and the transition to RTL/new trustees.
- Providing regular reports on progress to Private Client Lead Partner.
The provision of annual trust administration services
The trust year at Roythornes runs in line with the tax year. For each trust under management our aim is to provide an annual trust administration service at different levels (Gold/Silver/Bronze) dependant on how much or little we are asked to do. As part of this annual service the D.T.S will be expected to engage in the cyclical completion of the trust administration to include;
Coordinating the annual management of each trust to include;
- Preparation of annual report to trustees.
- Maintenance of Roythornes internal compliance requirements
- Coordination of trustee meetings/agendas and minutes.
- Lisaing with trustees and beneficiaries throughout or/coordinating such matters via matter manager.
Preparation of annual trust accounts to include;
- The preparation of annual trust tax returns/collating details for provision to our partner accountancy practices and maintenance of links with those practices.
- Cash flow management.
- Liaison with intermediaries; stockbrokers, insurance brokers and land agents.
- Provision of tax advice to trustees and settlors and scheduling distributions to beneficiaries or the commissioning of such advice/provision of instructions to procure such advice .
- Management, guidance and education of junior team members.
- Impeccable file management
- Effective, efficient and timely management of all matter.
- Proactively developing new business opportunities from internal cross-referrals, existing clients and other professionals
- Meeting agreed targets for chargeable time, fee income generated, billing and fee collection.
Management of Roythornes Trustees Limited (RTL)
RTL is A Trust Corporation owned by Roythornes Ltd and its services are offered as an alternative to the appointment of family and individual professionals, as trustees of private and charitable trusts, executorships, deputyships and attorneyships.
The D.T.S will be responsible for the maintenance of records and overseeing the completion of due diligence for all such appointments. The D.T.S will be accountable to the directors of R.T.L in ensuring that they meet all of their obligations in relation to the delivery of trustee services via R.T.L.
Roythornes is a member of TACT, the Association of Corporate trustees and our D.T.S will be actively involved in attending TACT events, training, AGM and securing guidance and input as required from this supportive association.
Skills and Experience
- Have previous experience in a similar role; or wish to step out of their current role in accountancy, banking or financial services, for example.
- Have a talent for clarity in communication across a broad spectrum of clients.
- Have strong desire to learn and widen their knowledge, and to impart their knowledge in teaching junior team.
- Be supremely self-motivated to succeed, and be able to motivate others.
- Have the confidence to act independently to a reasonably high level, and the ability to work as part of a team supporting Partners and Fee Earners on more complex and specialised matters as required.
- Have experience of building relationships with both new and existing clients and professionals including a natural ability to promote marketing and business development initiatives in a dynamic way.
- Be supremely organised and be able to complete tasks in a methodical structured manner to ensure completion to a consistent standard and to
- Have solid organisation and time management skills
- Have a proven attention to detail and drafting skills
- Demonstrate sound problem solving skills
- Have an ability to adapt to a broad range of situations and circumstances and thrive under pressure.